In order to qualify for a TerpStart Scholarship students must demonstrate financial need, meet any restrictions associated with the award (program of study, freshman/transfer student, etc.), and maintain satisfactory progress towards a degree in the School of Public Health. Recipients are awarded a $1000 scholarshop for Fall and Spring semesters so long as they meet eligibility.
TerpStart Scholarships are restricted to incoming freshman and transfer students. Students who submit an online application are reviewed for all available awards.
The TerpStart Scholarship Application application consists of:
- Personal Statement
- In no more than 500 words applicants will describe why they have chosen a major in the School of Public Health, and how the scholarship will help them achieve their academic goals.
- Resume highlighting extracurricular activities
- School of Public Health TerpStart online application
- The personal statement and resume are uploaded to the online application.
Award recipients are decided based on a number of qualifying factors:
- Financial Need
- SAT scores
- Requirements of the individual TerpStart Scholarship (major, freshman/transfer student, etc.)
- Experience and interest in public health
TerpStart Scholarships are available on a rolling basis. When awards become available eligible students will be invited to apply.
For more information please our academic advising office.