One of the unique characteristics that brings together students in the School of Public Health is their shared commitment to protecting and promoting the health and well-being of others. Out students are Community Health, Family Science, Kinesiology and Physical Education majors because they want to pursue careers that enable them to make a difference in the lives of others.
School of Public Health graduates go on to rewarding careers in all areas of public health:
- Preventing epidemics and the spread of disease
- Protecting against environmental hazards
- Preventing injuries
- Promoting and encouraging healthy behaviors
- Providing evidence-based interventions for parenting, couple, and domestic family issues
- Assuring the quality and accessibility of health services
- Analyzing, monitoring and advocating for public health policies
- Promoting health and wellness across the lifespan
The School of Public Health is committed to helping students navigate the transition from UMD to graduate school or the workforce, and we offer many programs, events and resources to facilitate these processes. We deliver “Graduate School 101” workshops, resources to help manage your job search, interview tips and techniques, and practical advice for learning to live on a budget. In addition, each Fall we host an annual Career Expo for our students to discover internship, job, and graduate/professional school opportunities available for our majors, and get advice from the experts on what additional courses and experiences will help make a student stand out among other applicants.
Click the links below for more information about these opportunities:
- Career Expo – See past and current employers and graduate programs who exhibit at the annual Career Expo
- Top 50 United States Fastest Growing Occupations, 2006-2016 - Provided by the State of Michigan
- Public Health Related Job Banks
Check back often as we expand the career-oriented resources available to you here.
If you need additional information about a specific program or service, please contact Erin Thiel at 301-405-2545 or firstname.lastname@example.org